To begin with, you will need the URL for the file to be uploaded from the Internet. For example, to add a copy of Google's 2008 annual report, you would use http://investor.google.com/pdf/2008_google_annual_report.pdf
. Please note that the URL you use should be accessible from Safari.
Please perform the following to add the file:
- Navigate to the folder that you want to add the file to.
- Click the actions icon in the upper right corner.
- From the list of actions, select Add File.
- Under File Location, enter the URL for the file. If you copied the URL from Safari (or email), you can paste it here. Just double tap in the File Location field and select Paste from the popup menu.
- Optionally, you can give the file a new name by entering the name in the File Name field.
- Press the Retrieve File button at the bottom of the screen. (You may need to scroll down to it.)
Your file will be retrieved and saved to the current folder.